1. James Michener, American novelist and short-story writer who, perhaps more than any other single author, made foreign environments accessible to Americans through fiction.
2. James Michener’s USA: the New South
Thanks for watching!
If you like this video, please share it with your friends:
5. (Albert) Michener, born around 1907, won the Pulitzer Prize for his first fiction, Tales of the South Pacific.
6. Historic Images Outlet
7. The Federalist
8. ExplorePAHistory.com – Image
10. James Michener >James Michener (1907-1997) is best known for hismany epic historical novels, >which have sold an estimated 75 million copies worldwide.
11. By exploring the lives and discoveries of modern archaeologists excavating the site of Tell Makor, Michener vividly re-creates life in and around an ancient city during critical periods of its existence, and traces the profound history of the Jews, including that.
12. Michener Art Museum opened as an independent, non-profit cultural institution dedicated to preserving, interpreting and exhibiting the art and cultural heritage of the Bucks County region.
13. He is known for his work on Adventures in Paradise (1959), South Pacific (1958) and Return to Paradise (1953).
14. Kurt Gippert Bookseller
15. Historical Auctions – Heritage Auctions
16. Authors League Fund
17. He is well-known for the amount of research that went into his work in addition to the length of his novels (900 pages was a short novel for him).
18. Michener’s Texas (also called Texas) is a 1994 ABC television miniseries directed by Richard Lang and starring Patrick Duffy as Stephen F.
19. The Oklahoman
20. Academy of Achievement
21. Hij verwierf zich vooral faam door zijn historische romans, die zich steeds afspelen in een bepaald land of bepaalde streek en waarbij het leven van verschillende generaties wordt beschreven.
22. James A. Michener Art Museum
24. BUY TICKETS The Michener Art Museum is dedicated to preserving, interpreting, and exhibiting the art and cultural heritage of the Delaware Valley region.
26. Michener’s masterly chronicle of South Africa is an epic tale of adventurers, scoundrels, and ministers, the best and worst of two continents who carve an empire out of a vast wilderness.
27. Frases de famosos
29. As one wag has said, pretty soon we will hear from somebody up there who has seen the page proofs of a new 1,000-page novel called Heaven by James A.
30. Errol Lincoln Uys
31. Explore the life and works of bestselling and Pulitzer Prize-winning author James A.
32. Michener Vi har ett brett sortiment av böcker, garn, leksaker, pyssel, sällskapsspel, dekoration och mycket mer för en inspirerande vardag.
33. A travel guide to the islands of Hawaii, including Molokia and Kauai, with information on where to eat, shopping, sightseeing and night spots.
34. Wikimedia Commons
35. Michener was one of the world’s most popular writers, the author of more than forty books of fiction and nonfiction, including the Pulitzer Prize–winning Tales of the South Pacific, the bestselling novels The Source, Hawaii, Alaska, Chesapeake, Centennial, Texas, Caribbean, and Caravans, and the memoir The World Is My Home.
36. James Albert Michener, född 3 februari 1907 i Doylestown, Pennsylvania, död 16 oktober 1997 i Austin, Texas, var en amerikansk författare.
37. Academy of Achievement